Holiday Season Stress
Take charge of your health this holiday season! Did you know that 90% of Americans find at least one thing stressful during the holiday season?
Practice Self Care
It is essential to take care of yourself even more now than ever. Be sure to eat regular meals and snacks, stay physically active, and get enough sleep.
Stick to a budget for gifts and food shopping, and plan ahead to make time for friends and family.
At Healing Duo Integrative Family Medical Practice, we care about your health. We want to ensure you have all the tools you need to manage your health and wellness.
Natural Stress Buster
One of my favorite things to do during times of stress is breathing exercises. These exercises will help practice how to breathe using diaphragmatic breathing. Doing this daily will help more oxygen get into the blood, using less energy. If practiced, it will become natural and help reduce daily stress.
- Sit upright in a chair with both feet on the floor.
- Place hands palm side down on legs.
- Take three deep breaths with your mouth slightly open and relax
- Feel the stress exit your body as you breathe out.
- Inhale entirely through nostrils with mouth closed, pushing out the lower abdomen/stomach area as the air moves in.
- Exhale completely through the nostrils forcing the air out and sucking the abdomen in under the ribs, and relaxing the diaphragm.
Do this procedure in a series of 7 breaths. Rest for 2 minutes, then repeat the
process two more times.
Important Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is intended for your general knowledge; it is NOT meant to substitute professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should NOT use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem/disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider.